PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 20th May 2009, 17:23
atpcliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

ALL the ab-initio programs do this, including military, government, and industry-type jobs. I did it to get into the US Air Force. I understand if you don't want to submit to this type of program.

It makes sense for KA to do it, as they will be spending HUGE amounts of money on each cadet, and they want to ensure their success. Most of the European and Asian carriers have similar programs, but much of the actual flight training is done in the US for their programs.

My buddy was just talking to a Kenya CAA guy, and he said that most of the aviation companies in Kenya, including KA, are very short of pilots. He also said that to get on at KA, even though they're short, you need to know the right people.

Today, as we were taxiing in at NBO, it looked like KA City! They were everywhere! I didn't realize, until I came to NBO, how big KA is. I hope they do really well.

One problem for KA, and Kenya aviation in general, is that Jomo is getting WAY too small for the amount of traffic that wants to fly in. The 4 new cargo spots on the Foxtrot Ramp, will ALREADY not be enough, and they aren't even scheduled to be completed until the end of the year-too late!!!