PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - White Serving Jacket in Premium
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 13:34
Domestos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too good to be true

This thread was ultimately destined to be moved away from the Cabin Crew area...so any fleeting moment that it would stay for more than one post was too good to be true...we as QF crew can be certain that we will never be able to post there ever again.

I struggle to keep my black jacket clean, let alone a white one. Mine has sauce stains and wine drips....even the scrambled egg mix from back in our domestic HKG days. I also have a proud collection of randomly sprinkled lint balls all over my jacket. I couldn't give two hoots how bad it looks....if the company makes me jump through hoops to replace old for new...then this is what happens. I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled out chefs hats for galley operators.

The service and product on QF is mediocre compared to other premium airlines anyway.....making the premium operators wear white does not make it a better service/product. People will still fly SQ and CX anyday over QF. If anything...the money spent on the white jackets could be better spent on sudoku and crossword puzzles on the back of CCN....a much more worthwhile project in aiding crew fatigue and boredom.

Regards,
Domestos