PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 12:38
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz,

I am a little wary of people who quote dictionary definitions to make themselves look over-clever - as if owning a dictionary makes you somehow superior. Sadly, you seem to be confirming our opinions of your inflexibility of thought.

Nonetheless, I will take the bait......

Daft - foolish, crazy (Collins)

But even that is a bit harsh as I am trying to avoid becoming too personally insulting. You are obviously an intelligent person but I suspect, someone who is very set in their ways, who avoids new experiences and different ways of thinking and living life. When was the last time you did something really different and fun?

Maybe 'blinkered' would be a more appropriate adjective to describe your attitude and the thinking you appear to exhibit? For now, however, we'll just have to agree to disagree!

Nonetheless, I meant what I said about casting off the 'chains of self-deceit'. You owe it yourself to expand your horizons and be honest with yourself; everyone deserves that much and you will feel so much better and contented for doing so.

Of course, its totally your choice and I won't press - but from here it still looks as if you haven't yet accepted citizenship of the human-race. You are lucky to have that choice - some have had that option taken away. Good luck whichever way you go.

Back to thread.