PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stamping the Logbook
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 12:12
Youngback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well in Africa, they really like their little stamps and paperwork. The paperwork can be completely bogus but you get a rubber stamp with "Approved" written on it and stamp your own stuff and they will be as happy as a tornado in a trailer park. Does it make sense? No, but that's completely irrelevant.

I went to get my Tanzanian ATP license and they rejected my logbook due to me not having a stamp on every page. I had all my Canadian and American stamps where required, as in when I had finished flying the relevant aircraft. The Tanzanian Civil Aviation Authority wanted a stamp on every page and every month. This meant that on occasion I had to have 3 stamps on the same page where in North America I had 1 stamp (or examiner signature) maybe every 20 pages. Just giving you a heads up. DHL is expensive if you need to ship your logbooks.

Just saw your question Jumbo. No you do not need airport stamps. Just a stamp from an FTU or your employer stating that the times flown in their aircraft are accurate. ICAO just did an audit here and found that their wasn't enough verification that license conversion applicants actually had the hours that they were claiming. Any FTU that claims you need to get "airport stamps" is blowing a lot of smoke up your ass. They may require it for themselves as a condition that you know the airport you are going into to cover themselves for insurance. As a Transport Canada requirement, absolutely not. You have a license. You don't need to be babysat on your visits to each of the thousands of airports in Canada alone.