PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmi regional
Thread: bmi regional
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2009, 10:40
Jetdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are Mods for?

I thought they had delete and Ban functions available to them rather than close a perfectly good thread that the majority were posting sensibly on.

By the looks of things this thread is heading the same way!
I sometimes wonder!

Even we have to sleep and work. I did look at this thread last night and took the view that it had degenerated into little more than a slanging match. As it was getting fairly long and unwieldy it also seemed a good point to close it and start a fresh one.

I do take your point about the majority posting sensibly. I can do one one of three things: Edit out the old thread and merge this one into it; Link this thread to the old thread for reference and let it continue as a fresh start. Leave everything as it is now. Let me know which you would prefer?

In the meantime, the miscreant has been given 7 days "sick leave". If the rest proves insufficient, then a longer spell of treatment may be necessary.

Where a thread is ticking along quite nicely (or percieved to be doing so) we don't tend to comb through them on a regular basis. This is on the assumption that any transgressions will be reported through the "report a post" function, or via message contact. This thread was reported this morning. Using the report a post function will normally achieve a quicker response because it doesn't rely on me having 8 hours sleep.

Best regards
Jetdriver