PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2009, 20:12
virginblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virginblue.......in your list of airlines operating out of IOM you fail to mention RE. You make wild claims that RE will not operate the route going forward. You do not even bother to make an effort to substantiate your wild claims with anything resembling a fact. Lest you forget BE pulled off IOM/LCY. Yes, this is a rumour network, but you're taking rumour to a different level!
I suggest you check your facts before you start hurling abuse at others. I was not making "silly statements", but was merely referring to/quoting a discussion going on in the IOM thread. In that thread FS01 was reporting rumours that RE might pull off the route by the end of the year because it had better use for the slots at LCY. This is a rumour as wild or substantiated as most of the rumours on this, err, rumour network. If you would have taken a minute to read what I had written in the IOM thread you would have seen that I even doubted the slot theory. Quite honestly, if such a discussion of "what" and "ifs" somewhere on the internet has a damaging effect on an airline, how does it survive in the real world...

Btw, if you scroll back the LCY threads, you will see that I am one of the most loyal supporters of LCY. That does not mean that I turn a blind eye on worrying developments.

P.S.: And yes, of course I did not include include RE in the list of airlines operating from IOM that might be an alternative to RE if - repeat: if - RE should give up the route

Last edited by virginblue; 19th May 2009 at 20:55.