PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC Optometry Department Closed
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2009, 18:50
Sentry Agitator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Further to DHs post

Having asked for my notes/data back in Feb under the Data Protection Act and not heard anything by early April I reattacked and was told that all our notes are now in a sealed box in the main Med Ctr at Cranwell awaiting transfer.
Unofficially - the problem of the data not being transferred to Birmingham stems from those at Brum saying they aren't responsible for collecting them, whilst those at Cranwell say that they are not responsible for sending them! WTF over? I must add this is hearsay but the usual 59 days requirement to respond under the DPA has not happened.
After asking who I should redress because of the debacle, I was given a CFS1 and told to make an appointment with the contracted Sleaford Opticians. As I feared, my prescription had changed. However, because I had gone armed with a CFS1 and because the form gets returned to the med ctr to be put on my Fmed4 on completion; I'm still cleared to continue without any potential of questions being asked in the future. I had my new batch of lenses within 4 days and those worried I may have made a similar MPs expenses claim, I paid for them at the normal market price. I also have a specs and lenses prescription that I could use on line which was all I was after in the first place.

My claim for the eye test has been submitted through JPA.

So it has actually turned out to be an easy fix albeit 6-months on. It makes you wonder if we need Selly to stand up if the med ctrs can set up contracts doesn't it?

Hope this helps

SA