PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines To Routinely Monitor Cockpit Voice Recordings?
Old 19th May 2009, 15:15
SDFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough, and I'm not equating the two as closely as all that. My point is of course that audio + video recordings in that instance would reveal much more than what we know now about the condition of those two pilots, who are not clowns exactly but rather mass killers of their trusting passengers. Are you familiar with the legal concept of criminal negligence? They violated numerous cockpit procedures as I'm sure you know, and I for one would like to see and hear it all. More so were I a relative or friend of one of the dead. RIP.

I agree with you that we need to learn as much as possible from each tragedy. That's why I'm arguing for continuous recordings, responsibly monitored of course. I understand your concerns about inappropriate monitoring but that's a separate issue and one that the unions can rightly focus on after the installation.

Think of it this way: how much more would we know about what was going on in that cockpit (Buffalo) if we could view a continuous video of events chock-to-explosion? I suspect at least some of the mystery would be solved, particularly with respect to fatigue which is a major issue in current discussion.

hmmm, I'm thinking maybe two cameras, one aimed left and one aimed right. Don't forget to tighten the knot on your tie before entering, and keep a comb in your top pocket at all times .......