PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airlines To Routinely Monitor Cockpit Voice Recordings?
Old 19th May 2009, 13:39
SDFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
..... and the weaker and less competent the flight crew, the more resistant one expects them to be to the idea of monitoring their cockpit performance in critical phases of flight.

Some posts on this thread tell me all I need to know about the attitude of some towards enhanced safety measures in the cockpit. Yes, I feel strongly about this issue. For one, 49 people died in Lexington because those bozos acted like a couple of kids on a joyride. Quite apart from their total disregard for the regs relating to cockpit behavior, they didn't even have the wit to speak to tower about the surprising spectacle in front of them. One of them is still alive and blaming everyone else for his criminal lack of professionalism. People like this should be detected by any means possible and given their marching orders. IMO the more we know about what's going on in the cockpit the better. What do pilots of integrity have to fear?

Well posted Farley.