PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 19th May 2009, 12:30
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do believe I have posted this (or similar)before...tis but a smidgeon of a slice of aust. demographics...but......I grew up in a household where 'Labor Party' was indeed a very dirty word....I voted Liberal.....I could not bring myself to vote labor... a few years of Howard actually allowed me to easily become a 'swing' voter...when Howard announced that my children and their children should look forward to a life of a bowl of rice a day so that the big end of town could continue to grow I called bull****...at the expense of some of my (then) better performing stocks....why?....Why? If you have to ask you simply do not get it.....

And further to my little story of which I have told before, a very dear friend of mine who grew up in a reasonably affluent East Sydney suburb, espoused to me for a good while how good life was under "Workchoices" (I should add that he had very well off friends, and a family that always blindly followed Liberal party policies no matter what).....................

So along came the last Federal election, my mate blinldly followed, as he always has done and voted Liberal.......unquestionably...............the union came by and showed him just how worse off he was working under workchoices.....he earns considerably more now working under a collectivley agreed award......Feel sorry for the poor guy kinda.... I mean he earns more money now, but doesn;t have the gall to admit that his family history of voting Liberal, to which he feels almost obliged to do, now realises that he can no longer vote Liberal, because as a loyal \blind follower, he now realises they were screwing him to the hilt......

.........He's now lost as a pre-conditioned Liberal voter....42 years of unquestioned loyalty and being indoctrinated lost.........'cos of Howards desire to screw the less fortunate........Well done JWH!, I know not from where the term "Johnny's battlers' came from....but I do know these "Johnny's Battlers" will keep your side of politics on the opposition benches for a good while to come....