PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Training in Florida, September 2009
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2009, 11:22
tonyc182p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training in Florida

I have just got back from Florida. Completed the FAA CPL, having done the FAA IR in Tulsa in February.

If you are set on Florida then have a look at Tailwheelsetc.com I think they do a PPL for a fixed price in 2 weeks in a PA28. The field is uncontrolled so no delays and my instructor Chris Ryan is a young guy who would be ideal for you. They arrange accommodation just a few minutes walk away(the condo has bikes) and the room is $300-350 per week . Share with other pilots and have a good time. The school has an old banger which they let you use. They are just getting the part 141 so you will get an M1 visa.They also are a written test staion so you do that there, much cheaper than in the UK. If the embassy in london is difficult to get an interview try another country. I had mine issued in New Zealand and it only took a couple of days, very straight forward. Fingerprints can be done at Farnborough or Oxford for the TSA side. I have been through the whole thing so pm me if you need to know anything more. Try to get your ground study all done before you go so that you just concentrate on the flying and oral exam. I think the PA28 was $108 /hour and $50 for the instructor. The examiner was $300. The school has a nice veranda with comfy sofas to chill out on when you need to.