PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Flight Training Ex-students
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 14:54
SKYYACHT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I learnt to fly with Ajay back in 1991, when he was operating at a company called Wings Aviation, at Fullerton Muni. I went back on a number of occassions to issue night ratings, IMC issue and renewals and so on. Anyone remember Bill Coleman? or a chap called Wayne I think. I did my Complex Airplane with him, (Arrow 972KR). I have subsequently used Rainbow and ADP for hiring airplanes.

Weetabix, I dont suppose the Seminole was NN144RJ - as that one hit me with the failed No.1 Engine starter - on my FAA Check ride! Just sweated the hours Oral exam, and aeroplane wouldnt start. Had to re-schedule the test. Went up to San Bernadino International to Armstrong Aviation and used another one. I went out earlier this year, and just did some pottering about (Big Bear, Catalina, Santa Barbara etc) in the 172 Skyhawk, and the venerable 972KR......It just keeps going. I expect I will be out again later in the year for another dollop.....anyone fancy a trans state trip, either out and return, say to Oregon or Washington, or East to Arizona/Colorado....???

Tailwinds