PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kendell/Australiawide - "aviation experts"
Old 14th May 2002, 13:45
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaablaam

I remain unimpressed.

Mr Jones is also doing same "spooking the horses" routine with the politicians as did FLEW and their mates.

Warning on Aust regional airlines
One of the bidders for Australian regional airlines Kendell and Hazelton, is warning of a disaster for regional Australia if the two airlines are forced into liquidation.

Federal Government support for the two airlines, anounced in the aftermath of the Ansett collapse, is due to finish at the end of this month.

The Chief Executive Officer of Australiawide Airlines, Michael Jones, says the two airlines are the only air links for hundreds of rural communities across South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.

If we are not successful for any reason, we can't satify the condition precedent or the shareholders of our syndicate are not happy with the way that we're proceeding, there is a very real and very high probability that the airlines would be liquidated in whch case that would be an absolute catastrophe for regional Australia.

09/04/2002 13:47:31 | ABC Radio Australia News

So we have a different bunch of mainchancers, but where is the commitment for the long term.

So what if Mr Cubbin has spoken with Mr Terry Snow.
I live not far around the corner from Mr Kerry Stokes and occasionally sit next to him at the lights.

Apparently there are more in the consortium but they haven't as yet agreed on terms and thus the names cannot be released.
And if the Emperor was actually wearing clothes we would have no trouble whatsoever in seeing them.

I'm not negative about the idea at all, just realistic as there is just precious little more than motherhood statements the like of.

Michael Jones: Effectively they've been operated in the past as two separate airlines so we could save some overhead and make some synergies by combining the two airlines. And then that's the intention, to cover the routes that were originally servicing both regional New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia by Kendell and Hazelton and merging the two entities into one.
straight out of Economics 101.

The financial quantum might be different but they are going to have to jump through the same hoops with the aircraft owners and bankers that FLEW did.
FLEW squibbed when they saw that they were going to have to actually risk a significant proportion of their wealth.
I dont think that these guys are even in the same financial ballpark and it is certain that there bankers will not have a different view than FLEWS.

Nah IMHO if this is going to work at all, apart from serious money, it's going to need heavyweight political and community clout and a realisation from the Fed and the States that they need to be in there with gaurantees and subsidy in some form or other.

The Council and community based and I suspect politically backed Inland Marketing mob seem the more logical candidate in the long term.

Anyone.??