PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA GS Election - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2002, 10:24
John Frohnsdorff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roobarb,

I am already aware of some likely candidates, unfortunately making approaches or advertising the position is somewhat premature at this stage. Please understand that I will move as expediently as I can.

Thanks for the vote.

Regards,
John

man u,

Thanks for taking the time to join PPruNe to have your say. I had to do the same procedure a few days ago. I do not see any direct questions but I would like to correct some misunderstandings.

People are asking my views because they want a sense of what sort of replacement GS we would be looking for and why we cannot have a direct vote on that individual. i.e. Why a stocking horse?

I only intend to be GS, if elected, for as long as it takes to find a mutually acceptable replacement.

Your comment about the devil leads me to believe you are not happy with the present GS yourself; in fact you just wish to maintain the status quo because it is easier.

I am not going to promise you or anyone else the moon to get elected.

Regards,
John.

Air Mail,

Thanks; I should have made it clear that I am about to retire from BA. My wife has made it crystal clear to me that she will only tolerate the delay in enjoying my retirement until I fulfil my promise to find a good GS.

Regards,
John.