PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 19th May 2009, 04:45
tsalta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not that you'll answer the question but how else do governments redistribute wealth
They try and do it by handing out $900 cheques and over taxing higher earners to give benefits to those who should get off their posteriors and improve themselves.

Ahh so sub-prime was caused by bogans paying for plasma's with their credit cards
Yes, but more so buying houses on their credit cards.

How did these people live beyond their means?
Isn't it obvious? They were buying houses on their credit cards.

unscrupulous lending practices.
Oh, my poor bleeding heart. Some nasty banker took advantage of me. It's not my fault I haven't invested in my financial education and can't tell the difference between an asset and a liability. Best we break out the violins.

you could never take a cent of support from the government, or even a concession ticket to ride the bus...you didn't earn it remember
I'm all for supporting those who CAN'T support themselves. I have a big issue supporting those who WON'T support themselves. If you, me or anyone else falls into the CAN'T box, then a civilised society should support them. If you, me or anyone else falls into the WON'T box, don't expect any sympathy or support.

tsalta

Last edited by tsalta; 19th May 2009 at 04:46. Reason: spelling