PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 19th May 2009, 03:10
tsalta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How does my claim of governments redistributing wealth through taxation and similar
Where to begin? I could go on for hours but I should be studying.

Governments DO NOT create. They CONSUME, CONSUME, CONSUME.

Taxes are levied to provide services to the country. Services such as education, defence, health etc. They are not as you suggest, supposed to be mailed out to all and sundry as a fundamental aim of the government.

One of the aims of communism is to have an entirely level country where all the population are equally well off (poor off most likely) which seems to be what you are suggesting. Redistributing wealth to those who do not deserve it.

One of the main problems which has led the country and the world into this financial mess is the populations mindset of the government being there to catch your fall. "The government will look after me". I contend that it is the governments responsibility to let institutions and individuals fail. A real danger of failure would perhaps make people more circumspect in their financial lives.

tsalta

Last edited by tsalta; 19th May 2009 at 03:11. Reason: addition