PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2009, 01:56
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I missing something?

This inst a desk job, this isn't pulling someones prolapsed colon out and stitching it back up, this is being a Commercial Pilot. This is a great job (albeit being slowly choked by the management) but never the less it may seem crap that you're paying for your TR and first 150 hours but even those paying for the flying are in a very privileged position compared to the hundreds that have not managed to get anything. I know of 300 people gone through my FTO in the past 12 months, only 69 had guarantee'd jobs on starting the others were completely self sponsored, so they have already paid for the profession.

From the comments on the board previously I'm going to assume that there are a lot of wannabe's shouting their mouths off. That's fine, but until you have the balls to man up and fork out the cash to pay for your ATPL and possibly TR and then on top of that, have the determination and ability and dare I say it skill (and whoever that monkey was earlier saying that you dont need skill and anyone with enough money can do it, well quite frankly I find it offensive that you are stealing my oxygen, get off microsoft flight sim and get a woman, then a job then I'll talk to you) to compete the course then you do not have any idea what you are talking about.

Peopple pay for the TR and 150 hours as they want to get a foot in the door. The money they will earn in the next 6-7 years will be more than enough to clear their debt and they will be paying it off whilst having a fantastic time in a very respected and most importantly rewarding job.

I welcome any abuse, as all I'll say is, "sorry, what aircraft are you current on?" and unless it is pressurised then I'm not going to take you seriously.