PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help with upcoming Regional Express Cadet pilot Interview
Old 18th May 2009, 23:09
pylet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all the guys and gals considering/interviewing for the Rex Cadetship, I sincerely hope you've done some serious research, read the reg's and spoken to as many in the industry as possible. Surely the issues surrounding the cadetship posted on this thread have been enough to deter many from applying, or at the very least, made those interested to ask the right questions.

I'm not going to bother pointing-out the conditions surrounding the Rex Cadetship (as it's been done to death many times over), but I am interested to hear from those applying/interviewing about what they expect from the program medium/long-term? The Saab is a great aircraft (I've flown them), but after 6 months the shine does wear-off, especially on the coin you'll be on, the hours you'll work and in the seat you'll be occupying!

This economic downtown will rebound, the demand for air travel will return, and although the levels of airline employment may not reach the height they did 12-18 months ago airlines will not doubt employ. Don't expect the hour requirement to drop further as the supply will once again exceed demand and those in GA and Regionals with 500+ MECIR will get the jet-jobs again. There is a lot to said about finding that intial flying job (charter or instructing), moving into larger aircraft and getting a gig with an airline with all the right boxes ticked to progress to the left seat over time.

So, getting back to the question to those looking at the Rex Cadetship. What do you hope to gain from the program post-training and career wise?