PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ review
Thread: Air NZ review
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 22:30
goodspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Billy T, I see your point................. But.

The old coots are the only ones with retirement leave. They sold it long ago. And they have bucket loads of it!

The over 65's in general are incompetent. Yeah, they can pass sims after 6 days off at 2 in the afternoon with very little pressure extendend on them by their sim instructor buddies. But get them to make an extension on the final fix while being radar vectored into London or HK after a long nights flying, na. They are slowing down like the rest of will when we get to that age. I wont say it wont happen to me, because it will.

Most of them are pleasant enough people. Not too many aholes left. But just old coots who rely on the rest of the crew to get the job done.

So your next question will be, why do they continue to pass route checks and sim checks.

Answer is I dont know. A systemic failure in the system? Or are they just lazy when it comes to line flying? Perhaps both.

And billy t, BB Mouse was not thinking of himself. In fact i think he is actually thinking of those at the bottom of seniority who hopefully wont be affected.

Your welcome to stay past 60. hell your welcome to stay past 65. its your call. But don't bring that attitude to the flight deck. You wont be welcome at the pub.