PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Second RMI needle points 180° in wrong direction
Old 18th May 2009, 21:43
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite frankly, ASFKAP, I really have no idea what you are on about.

To repeat.
Two ADF receivers installed on the airplane.
Each receiver drives its respective pointer on both pilots and copilots RMI.
Number one receiver drives number one pointer, number two receiver drives number two pointer on each respective RMI instrument.
With me so far?
IF the pilots (or copilots) RMI power fails, the sharks fin OFF flag appears.
IF the number one ADF receiver fails, each RMI instrument will show an ADF OFF flag to appear, on both RMI's
Conversely, IF number two ADF receiver fails, the respective ADF pointer will show an OFF flag in both RMI instruments.
Following now?
In addition, on those aircraft so modified, IF number one or number two pointers shows a 180 degree ambiguity, that respective pointer is flagged on both RMI indicators.
That flag has a legend that says OFF...on both RMI instruments.
The remaining ADF receiver that is properly functioning will still display correctly, provided the ADF receiver is tuned correctly, and ADF is selected on the respective RMI.

It is entirely possible that BA had their ADF indicators (as previously described) on the HSI wired entirely differently, and therefore the display was different...ala, pin ball machine...as indicated previously.

IF you would like to transport your good self down to JED during the Haj, I will be pleased to demonstrate.
You can even ride with us to Ouagadougou or BoBo Dioulasso to see how it is all done, and quiz our avionics guys about the system, to your hearts content
Just remember to ontain the necessary visas and don't forget your (retired) crew ID.

Deal...or no deal?