PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MPL at Oxford (commences 1 September 2009)
Old 18th May 2009, 20:56
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
10 pence worth

I agree with Clangers sentiments (alright pal!! how are you?) in saying that I learnt more from the the 40hrs of JOC and MCC at OAA than I did of the other 200hrs I have on 152's, PA28's and PA34's at OAA.

I can see the need to get a basic understanding of the principles of flight and the equipment of VOR, NDB, ILS etc and the use of radios and generally an understanding of the aerial environment. But I think the MPL in principle is a variety good way of getting students line orientated prior to getting to the TR.

But like so many of the other posts, I also am slightly skeptical about the MPL, maybe its because its cheaper than the ATPL, Quicker than the ATPL and possibly more relevant that the ATPL. So basically I'm concerned that the MPL is going to undercut the ATPL and the way into the airline industry might change fundamentally. Aircrew in general are stubborn bastards and we don't like change. But I'm just slightly concerned that the skills and experience brought from an ATPL course rather than an MPL course will be lost.

I will standby for the barrage of abuse and opinions, of which you're all entitled to!