PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continental TurboProp crash inbound for Buffalo
Old 18th May 2009, 20:22
protectthehornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excrab

I have made a terrible assumption...that you and most of the others on the forum have read all the posts since number one.

IF SO , you would have seen my reasoning about jets vs props on this route.

either we all read from page one, or at least admit it in the body of your post.

and lest anyone misunderstand: I AM OF THE OPINION THAT REDUCING ANGLE OF ATTACK FIRST IS THE BEST WAY OUT OF A FULL STALL. All of my additional material was a background in the mythology of stall training.

And let me add: WHY DIDN"T COLGAN 3407 go to FIREWALL POWER instead of 75% power during the reocvery?

The energizing effect of prop blast over the wing would further aid in stall recovery.

READ EM ALL BOYS & GIRLS or don't play the game...or at least say: I haven't read the thread from day one!

EXCRAB, you also seem to be confusing reducing angle of attack with lowering the nose...while most of the time this is the case, when you are in a spin, the nose might be quite low already.

Excrab, you also cite the turkish crash etc. First off, many people survived that crash. Second off the Q400 doesn't have autothrottles. And my rationale for better paid, trained, and seasoned flight crews stands.

Last edited by protectthehornet; 18th May 2009 at 20:51.