PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 20:13
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caz

what you are categorically saying, 'with absolutely no doubt whatsoever', is that

at the point of WP change or before, that the weather was not fit for VFR ie less than 1nm horizontal vis and the ac was not 'clear of cloud, in sight of surface'?

Well if so, you are either a clairvoyant or daft.
Since appear to have missed the point entirely (Dalek has explained it twice) and since you will be unable to furnish me with this week's lottery numbers, then I'm afraid I will have to assume that you are indeed 'daft'. Although I cannot prove you are daft with 'absolutely no doubt whatsoever', and as such, you may wish disagree but it is a view shared by a significant number and by Pulse as recently as this evening!

May I respectfully suggest you take yourself away and have a very harsh word with yourself. Out.

ShyT

re 1nm horizontal viz, COCIS

I believe that these were the limits stipulated in the Low-Flying Handbook for RW in the UK. There may have been (and probably were) different limits for Ops in NI and training in RAFG. If there were different promulgated limits, then these variations could have been contributory factors because, of course, they would have been confusing and even a mental distraction, if a crew, used to one set, had to shuttle between theatres and use different limits.

Does anybody know why a more-suitable mode of transport had not been arranged for the 'pax' on what had been a pre-arranged visit/conference - eg C130/146 etc to INV/KSS/LOS. Far better that than use a very scare theatre-asset, that was demonstrably unairworthy? Maybe this is was the negligent act?