PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - airlines who ask pilots to pay to fly !
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 15:52
Flintstone

Thanks for not doing so then Mike, nothing worse than en echo.....echo....echo.........

Clanger. You CAN get into this industry without paying for a type rating. His dudeness is evidence of that, he's just written that he is deliberately biased toward those avoiding the buy-a-job route so to say it can't be done is not true. I've also been involved in recruitment for several years on the panels for companies you'd certainly have heard of and I did the same. I prefer self-improvers because I find them more committed and, having often worked in different branches of aviation, more rounded. A definite plus in the bizjet market. Many of the first ones are now flying Gulfstreams and Globals, others working for large airlines and none have paid for their type ratings or line training. I'm with His dudeness, anybody offering to buy a type rating and doesn't take the first hint goes in the round filing cabinet under the desk.

Anyone who says it can't be done is either fooling themselves or lacks the mettle to knuckle down to jobs they see as beneath them.

Edit. Just a couple of days ago I met a PPRuNe member and thoroughly nice bloke at Farnborough for an intial look around the place. He's keeping his full-time job to finance his training and knows this will take him at least another year and a half and he'll take whatever flying work he can without buying a job. That's the sort of person who I like to see get on.

Last edited by Flintstone; 18th May 2009 at 16:03.