PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 13:48
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I admire your enthusiasm in encouraging support for a Cork - Brussels route and wish your group well. You may have noticed that the good folk of the marketing department at Cork have signed up on the anna.aero group and on their wish list they are seeking out support for a Brussels route as well so at least it is a destination which is on their mind. Cant see EI doing it though as they will feel they have the area covered with fairly good frequencies to AMS though the winter schedule is actually better than in the summer or at least that has been the case over the last two winters.

I should imagine there is a high frequency and quick train service between Schiphol and Brussels? 840, any idea how much the train fare is?

As for an air route if Cork and FR are rumored to be sucking up to each other again why not a Charleroi Cork? They certainly have the airframes available not that they have shown any great interest in Cork. Far more free publicity out there to be had in charging for boarding cards and 5h!te like that than having anything upbeat to say.

Anyone hear anything about an Onur Air A321 off loading some bags on Saturday because with the bad weather and crosswinds they were out of limits to go direct to Dalaman from Cork's short 7000 feet runway if they took the full complement of baggage so they left some behind which followed later via Gatwick or Dublin with Ryanair to join another flight to Turkey. I am sure that being the case it would have been a hell of a money spinner for FR. Money for jam!

That poxy, poxy runway!