PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very Funny Story at JNB ORTIA today
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 12:44
suitcaseman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maurice Chavez

Sorry Maurice but you have just shown your total lack of knowledge and experience.

I know nothing about a Dash 8 but I assume the refueller supplies fuel to other aircraft as well.

The aircraft I fly has a maximum pump pressure to be supplied to the pressure rufueling system of the aircraft and can be de-fueled by applying suction at the truck without any cockpit selection.

Many refueling operators chock their trucks like we do our aircraft so they dont roll should the park brake not hold. I have worked for many airlines, all over the world and never have I seen maintenance supervise refuelling.

The fuel panel on my aircraft is set in Kg and shuts off the refueling process when the required number of Kg have been uplifted. We do check fuel quantity before departing but errors have happend. There is a well known case of an airliner in the States doing a glide approach as it had run out of fuel due to mix-up between pounds and kilograms.

So in summary, let me know if you need me to show you where to earth your microsoft flight simulator. If you ever get to fly a real aeroplane please approach it with a bit more respect for safety.