PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 18th May 2009, 08:02
aspiringpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carrier and skytango1 - You may have misunderstood my post, I was not complaining, I posted the information with the hope that other people applying to Kenya Airways in the years to come may find it useful.

The medical check up is required by law and that is why a Kenya Civil Aviation Authority doctor rechecked all the tests. The Health requirements of the KCAA for commercial pilots are no different from those of other civil aviation authorities
  1. FAA
  2. JAA
Carrier - for you to have obtained the Category 1 medical certificate you must have done the same tests.

Kenya Airways will pay for all the training(including food and accommodation) from PPL to ATPL for the successful applicants and for all the type ratings(do the math) so naturally they want to get the best people.

Humpmedumpme - Thanks for the info and the link. Kenya Airways have been very courteous and respectful through out the whole process and have even gone out of their way to reschedule interviews, call interviewees in case they are late, etc... I have no doubt that they will maintain the high level of professionalism they have shown so far during the next two stages.

Of course only people who meet the benchmarks are going to pass otherwise there would be no point in doing any tests for anything
grrrr........