PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance ripoff - or not ?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2009, 07:57
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please note the following important information regarding cabin baggage:

• Strictly one item of cabin baggage is permitted per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (your handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage).

• If you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of cabin baggage or if the item exceeds the maximum permitted dimensions or weight we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without refund and to deny you boarding
This was added recently. Or within past year since I don't have to travel too often.
Looks like RYR are always very creative about how to pi off people while trying to extract more money. You don't feel like risking it? You pay for checked luggage. Hang on, you don't want to check your hand bag or laptop either.
If you do, yet another 'charge' for checking the usual way.
I especially 'like' that bit about denying boarding at the gate.
I guess it's a consequence of being able to check in online, save RYR money on ground staff. I'll have to get over it with RYR. Having light slim 12" for travel helps.

Let's hope easy don't copy this aish attitude.
It may have been helped by all the tourists buying big bottles of booze, cartons of fags and other clutter, thus hitting people with reasonably sized briefcase or laptop bag.