PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest with AeroLogic (German 777F Operator)?
Old 18th May 2009, 02:44
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you SMT Member for your details. I am curious as to why so many LTU pilots would be chosen if most don't have 777 experience. Is it because the CP is from LTU and he has a bias/preference for his former colleagues? Is it because many long-haul LTU pilots might want to leave Air Berlin situation? What factors are influencing the hiring of so many LTU pilots? Just curious. I say good for them if they are not happy with their current situation.

Still, it sounds like a very interesting opportunity to fly a very nice aeroplane worldwide. I would hope the pay package would reflect the need for experienced pilots but I am skeptical in this economy with many experienced pilots looking for work.

I noticed on the website that FO minimums are not too high - something like 1,000 total hours. Do you think they will hire FOs with this experience level in the near future or are all newhires relatively high-time and experienced? Any word about potential other pilot domiciles in the future?