PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MPL at Oxford (commences 1 September 2009)
Old 17th May 2009, 22:14
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub

Nil points for clear and concise communication. I've seen software licensing agreements which read better than that.

I think you are trying to say that my post is wrong. If so, by definintion you are implying that flyBE will recruit these guys regardless of prevailing recruitment policy, economic conditions and size of holding pool. If so, we'll have to disagree on that.

In particular;

1) This was my point. Is it wise to spent £71,000 to get a job with a company which is not recuriting? They might. They might not. But you are simply hoping for the best.

2) Eh? Not sure an official definition of 'holding pool' is required here. Especialy when I think we agree. What is your point?

3) You got me. Not a clue what you are getting at. Particularly since my comment is a fairly obvious statement of common sense.

4) I think you are trying to say that they will sneak them to the front because they are 'structured' students.

The problem here is that flyBE have more mentored schemes at the minute than soft mick. Loads of the holdpoolers are there via structured schemes. I can see no special status for MPLs. If you were just finishing a MAPS at FTE for example, you'd be well chuffed to hear that the MPLs have priority.

Indeed, if you apply your logic in a devils advocate (pun inteded) way, you will be less in a rush to employ those who are bound to work for you. Whatever you think about this point, it is at least a serious consideration.

In a nutshell, my point was to say its a lot of cash for the possability of job with a company who are not recruiting, during a recession, with a large holdpool via a license which is still unproven.

If you disagree, you didn't half make a dog's dinner out of it.

EK