PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hillsboro Aviation.
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 22:09
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Normally we did pull the carb heat after getting to 500' AGL in the pattern, gages check again, yada yada, then after some distance (not that big, though) starting descent. That 'halfway through the final' is fairly long-ish time from pulling the lever, most of the height (pulling low MP) is gone.

Macu09, btw, having re-read my previous post, I can say that sorting TTD campus was inevitable in the grand scheme of things. Having mentioned Bristow Academy earlier, I can mention that they sorted their New Iberia, Louisiana campus (former Vortex, bought out) for M1 as well. Unfortunately, I didn't notice any price differences across the campuses.
Also, there is or about to be JAA testing centre in Arizona - closer to Hillsboro if you're keen to start on the theory - CATS (Cranfield Aviation) are expanding network of overseas or non-UK schools working in cooperation with them for the JAA theory - if they have authorised 'brush up' provider, you can leave the US with full JAA CPL or the hours and theory credits and just do LST back in Europe