PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 19:29
cmorris04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not difficult to imagine MOL and his minions finding new ways to fleece his customers. The cheap fares they started with are no longer cheap. The added charges, or the services they have taken away, amount to quite a lump. MOL acts with impunity with little regard to the customers he is ripping off. His latest wheeze in getting people to print their own tickets and charge them £5 in the process is another example of a Ryanair rip off - so is the £40 pound charge if they forget to bring it. There can NO justification for that except that he knows people WILL forget because it is in the human psyche. If it wasn't so blatant it would be clever.
Or they get charged £40 because the boarding pass they've carried around on vacation for two weeks got damaged and can't be scanned when they're flying home... I'm all for efficiency and in many respects I admire a lot of what RyanAir's done in this regard. The problem is that they are now far down the road of not only introducing efficiences, but also of structuring every efficiency primarily to raise revenue to offset the supposedly low fares.

One day, the bubble will burst.
I'm not so sure. I think people are generally pretty gullible in not looking further than the supposedly cheap fares. I think RyanAir's done a masterful job of judging the decision making processes of its customers.