PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An outside view of Dubai
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 14:38
zerozol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
okey, WhatsaLizad?,

then let's go back only 44 years, when in Virginia, US, there was the last law still in stand forbidding marriages between afro-americans and whites. they abolished it in that year.
it was in 1965. i repeat, not "once upon a time", just 44 years ago. in the United States of America, against their Constitution of 1776, saying "every human being is equal." and 100 years after the Civil War of 1865.
the US had to have 100 years to abolish the last discriminating law.

but, indeed, shame and shame all of those who exploit, rape or ban other humans and their rights, whether in Dubai or Paris or anywhere in the Globe.
i think a normal one doesn't question that.
the problem is the direction and the lack of perspective concerning these "human right watch" -articles.
it is like "finally, we found something really wrong about UAE, yippie yeeeeah!"
and oh no, i'm not saying that everything is okey there, if somebody reads carefully.

and changing mentality (about these issues) doesn't come fast, it's not like changing someone's opinion to drink Coke instead of Pepsi. silly example, but i think picturesque.
but yes, they have to work on it! i just think that we can't expect sudden and fast changes, it just doesn't work like this.