PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reds pipped for female display pilot
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 12:06
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Mr Brown, we know Ben is a Harrier mate but Kirsty isn't and, I have it on good authority, that other 2-seater drivers have manged to infiltrate the team.

Wrathmonk,

It USED to be that a signal came out each year inviting applications and there was never a specific mention of one's Service on it. One particular year I was displaying, hence in the 'Inner Circle' and, knowing the Red's Manager very well (Bona Mates of both services stick together ) we got to discussing this very point and looked into it a bit deeper. We discovered that it was quite possible for the Senior Service to apply for the 'job'. Of course, the selection procedure would probably ensure no Dark Blue were found sitting in a red Hawk but, at the time, I would have said the boys in the team were mates, so you never know. I have no idea, however, what their Admiralships and Airships would have thought of such a preposterous idea.

In the end a better posting offer came up but it would have been fun to have seen how far an application would have gone. Even better if I could have got the free Breitling