PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation Legal Issue - Help!
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 10:31
Mainframe

Check Attitude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger

Aviation law and potential reform, that's a big ask!

As suggested, a search of AAT hearings linked with CASA should provide interesting reading.

At times, CASA appear to be able to operate outside of the Australian Constitution and sometimes seem to show a little contempt for due process.

Many CASA staff in the past indulged in the practice of interpreting policy as legislation, which is definitely not.

CASA, in many documented cases, have not been entirely truthful in some matters.

CASA used to want to name and shame targeted operators, even before the legal process was completed.

BB, much to his credit, has assisted a lot of the wrongdoers to find alternative careers outside of CASA.

CASA, to the best of my knowledge, has never proceeded with charges of misconduct in its own ranks.

CASA, to the best of my knowledge, has never named and shamed one of their own wrongdoers, as they were so desirous of doing to targeted operators.

CASA has brought their most dysfunctional offices into line, but did not name any of the misfits.

I think you may have picked a difficult theme with aviation and law, I'm sure there are easier pickings out there.

MF