PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 08:47
Albatr055

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@xn2206 - regarding your question on thal, I'm also very concern bout it. Here are some of the facts that I know. I also have thal. Previously CAAS passed my medical for me to fly with SYFC. But when I applied for RSAF, I was rejected based on this. Right now, I'm awaiting for result from SIA if they would employ me despite having thal. ST medical actually called me up to submit a thal report to them. Only juz went down yesterday to submit to them due to work commitments. When I spoke to some of the ppl in ST medical, they actually gave me some hope, saying that usually thal should not be a problem to commercial flying, however pilot employability is subjected to company policy and SIA is an independent company, so they could not tell me if I could pass the medical for sure. So I guess getting the CAAS clearance should be fine. but employability wif SIA, I'm hoping for the best.

I think I'm one of the fellow candidates with randomx. not too sure though. haha. only based it on the figures he said. "2 out of the final interview went to medical", "4 taking medical on that day". If I'm right, the other 2 who were taking the medical are RSAF pilots converting to SIA. So as far as I know, only 2 of us are from the SIA cadet pilot programme. That is if I'm right about who randomx is though.