PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 17th May 2009, 02:51
Mr. Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to see you back PAF. As much as I disagree with your views sometimes, it still makes for an interesting read.

Now for a Howard bash. In the biggest boom known in this country, with money flowing down streets like water in rivers JWH did fckall to improve infrastructure, indeed it got worse whilst he was at the helm. Privatising everything he could get his grubby little hands on, he gradually edged us closer and closer to the standard of that mighty sh!thole: the US of A. Year in year out he'd tell us all of the mighty surplus he and cut-throat-costello had achieved for this country. Well done, my grandma (who’s been dead for several years) could have done the same or better. Selling off silverware and being given money by the Chinese during a mining boom is not economic management ol' mate! Then he chimed in with Work With No Choices and people finally got the sh!ts. Now there was one thing he could have done that would have impressed me. That would have been telling the long term unemployed to get a job or starve but he didn't. So you've got to wonder WTF did JWH stand for? I think basically he wanted to make the working person suffer whilst the big boys enjoyed their millions and the unemployed carried on in their merry way.

In comes Rudd. Now I did vote for him but let face it people would vote for Charles Manson to get rid of JWH! Whilst I do like him to a degree I must admit there are a few things that he's done that are starting to make me think twice about voting for him again. Starting with that summit thing where Cate Blanchet's baby seemed to be the focus. Celebrities - who cares about their ideas really! There seems to be a lot of talk about ideas and it all sounds promising. But 2 years on we've still got all the doubling up of politicians with state and federal junkets continuing and we've still also got endless red tape (see the bushfires for example). In comes the GFC and the cash hand outs start (Mr. Hat thinks to himself: are you kidding Rudd?). Stimulus to build what Howard neglected? Fine, great idea. Could we have just one airport that’s at least a standard of a second world country for once? Then the idea about cutting the 50k in super to 25k. At this point I've got to say I started to wonder if Mr. Hockey would do a better job. I actually think that the 50k hurts the everyday Australian who is trying to set up a retirement. You might for example have a person that has a second job and salary sacrifices it all into super therefore avoiding the extra tax. Not anymore under that scheme!

So 15 years later - crap infrastructure, heaps of people on the dole and handouts long term, crap medical system, crap airports, fees everywhere you turn, a worsening crime rate and deficit for years to come. JWH did the main damage and Rudd, well he seems like he's going to finish it off. Might vote for some unkown little party next time.

Last edited by Mr. Hat; 17th May 2009 at 05:23.