PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 17th May 2009, 01:23
sockedunnecessarily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've seen Joe Hockey interviewed about the budget deficit.

After bleating on for about 5 mins about the government being on an irresponsible spending spree, he was asked the following questions:

1. If the coalition was in power, would their budget be in deficit ... he said "the Labor government are on a spending spree, when will it stop?"

2. How would the Coalition budget differ and in what areas would you cut spending to reduce the deficit (and would the deficit be reduced to zero) ... he said "the Labor government are on a spending spree, when will it stop?"

3. Surely SOME money being spent on infrastructure to keep people in jobs is a good long term investment in Australia's future ... he said "the Labor goverment are on a spending spree, when will it stop?"

Socked's interpretation of Joe Hockey:
"We don't really have any answers to any of the hard questions and can't say we'd be doing anything different. But it gives me a good chance to sit here on my fat arse and complain."

The fact of the matter is, nearly every government in the world is in the same situation. And the Coalition would be in it too if they were in power.

I am a swinging voter. I vote for who I think is the right government for me at the time. I think both major parties have the positives and negatives and over the years, have voted for both several times.

But while the Liberals have Joe Hockey the whinging, fence-sitting sook, they won't get my vote.