PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fujairah Info pleez
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2002, 21:50
aluminium persuader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day, Freek!
I looked into Fujairah a year or so ago, here's what I found.
Youngest of the UAE states, in general, a pretty quiet airport, a couple of hours-ish drive from Abu Dhabi (or poss DXB, can't remember which), hence the lack of scheduled pax services. The busy sea-port is nearby and the airport is trying to build its cargo side to integrate with this. Could be successful as Fuj is right at the mouth of the Gulf. Mostly Eastern bloc traffic and occasional heavy use by USAF, it has a fairly new terminal. Single runway has ILS (one end only I think) VOR/dme. Accommodation was included, but I was advised to get everything in writing before signing, as it can be fairly basic. Apparently not a wonderful place for wife/kids as still Arabic rather than Western, although the state is trying to expand its tourism business. Plenty of beach-stuff & fishing, but Abu & DXB are better for shopping etc. NOT an easy place for a beer! There is a state web-site and also an aiport web-site but I can't remember the addresses. I found them with a couple of quick searches on Copernic. If you find anything interesting, let me know!
A salaam Aleikum!