PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My assertions that DLP rear projection was best.
Old 16th May 2009, 16:45
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Kwachon That's encouraging.

I'm going to look at it today, if traffic not too bad. The mall is like the cultural centre here on a Saturday. (I know, I know )

I was aware of the joint manufacturing issue. The thing about Samsung is the clear screen, which I've always argued is what should be. Get the picture out of the telly, then make the room not spoil it. Not always possible in some homes I know, so an option of a fuzzy screen should be - and is, there.

Anyway, unless I can offload the new one to one of my neighbors, I'm kind of stuck with the 52" Bravia. I was looking forward to the 120Hz, but the main grumble seems to be the auto-dimming of the back light. ( Kwachon, have you noticed this ?) Okay when the room dims, but they do it for dark scenes. WTF??? This one thing is leaping out of the forums, the rest sounds good. But this seemingly is driving people crazy.

I 'fixed' the AGC in me airplane many moons ago...maybe I can nobble that circuit.

Anyway, I'm off to negotiate for an upgrade, and just swallow the tax...and even offer to lose the last months of insurance, if that's what's holding up the deal. Like negotiating with a monolith.