PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New housing policy in Qatarairways?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 15:39
shneidertrophy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which new housing policy?

The one where, if you want to move into company accomodation, you have to pay the company extra because the allowance is 12000qar and the house rent they pay is 15000qar?

Or is the one whereby everybody will be forced to live in company accomdation, no matter what? In this case, what would happen to the furniture allowance they paid us two years ago? Would we have to refund that? What about the fact that most people in own housing are happy there, their families are happy....

Or is it the policy whereby you would have to submit your rent contract, the company would pay the amount stated on the contract but this would be capped to a maximum amount of 10000QAr?

Or is it the one whereby our basic salary would be increased, but the rental allowance decreased so the guys in company housing would bebefit and the others would loose?

Whatever our Human remains dept is planning, it can not be good! We all know miss R.F. loves EK management and hates pilots, so she might follow the EK policy of the moment! No more housing allowance when you opt to live outside!

I hope she does that....and I hope she did the calculation of how many pilots would leave in case she does that...and I hope she did the cost-calculation for her little project as well!

Intresting times ahead I would say!

By the way, did all of you know that we have been paid less than what was agreed upon in our last new package deal. While we all have to pay back the little amount they paid too much during days off in outstation!!!!!, we have been deprived of our telephone allowance and, in many cases, our annual salary increment.

It is time they stopped breaching our contract on a regular bases. We lost already our overtime pay while it is still there in our contract (and new joiners still are being told it is there), allowances are stopped, HOTAC is being degraded, schedule promises are being broken ....

Last edited by shneidertrophy; 20th May 2009 at 07:04. Reason: Been asked to remove certain details by a mate...