PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Howard breaks his silence: Work Choices should've stayed
Old 16th May 2009, 15:34
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I'm going to have to withdraw from this discussion, PAF.
Ok Ferris. So you advocate people losing jobs. At least your honest.
If you twist my words and argue with the intellectual depth of an eight year-old, I'm on a hiding to nothing (as is anyone else with a differing opinion). I don't advocate people losing jobs, but given the choice of a job with dignity, or it's slave-labour alternate under Workchoices, I'm with the majority of people who think the draconian way was tried, and...voted out. It seems like most people don't want to live under a system where exploitation is not just possible, but almost guaranteed.
Why doesn't the government borrow $5 trillion dollars and spend it. it will create jobs right? Your logic is that just spending money creates jobs right?
I think this statement sums up your unbridled hatred of Labour. The government is, in principle, doing EXACTLY what you are saying. They may not be borrowing $5 trillion, but they are borrowing and spending. The trick is getting the balancing act right- how much to borrow/spend (because if you borrow TOO much, then it causes problems in the future). And if you think that if Howard/the Liberals/Turnbull were in power they would be doing any different, you are kidding yourself. The budget reply was, in effect, just quibbling over WHAT the money was being spent on. There will always be differences of opinion on whether the govt should be spending 50 billion or more or less. Even within parties. But there certainly isnt ANY serious opinion for NOT spending. Why would anyone want to DEEPEN the recession?
By all means, continue with your schoolboy passion and hysterical support for your ultra-conservative position. Why not try doing it with some intellectual rigour? Otherwise, I'll leave you to your rabid, illogical rants.