PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 16th May 2009, 14:57
anotherthing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NATS want the ballot to be opened and closed before the annual results are published, the date of the ballot is not a 'lucky coincidence'- this is a FACT confirmed by a very senior Union Bod.

Why do you think NATS wish to do this? Because it will show how well NATS has done over the past year, thanks to the hard work by all the staff.

Of course once the sycophants have voted yes and we get our 2% over two years (does anyone honestly believe we will get any extra increments after the Aug RPI), the PCG pay awards will be done... against the background of a very strong annual report!! Kerching for PCGs.

There has been talk here and on NATSNET about the fact that neighbours etc have lost jobs etc, so what?

Whilst I sympathise with anyone who has been made redundant the fact is NATS has performed well due to its staff. Just because other companies are not doing well does that mean we have to wear sack cloth?

There are plenty of businesses including banking who have awarded well over 2% in pay awards this year... and paid staff bonuses to boot.

I care about NATS and work bloody hard to ensure that it remains a very good ANSP, as do most of the staff. I deserve to be rewarded for this. I don't give a fig about public support - I'd happily man the picket lines, as long as I don't need to use coal braziers... might as well strike in comfort and get a catering agency in. May I suggest these guys for Swanwick Hog Roast, Hog Roast Machine, Hog Roast Machines, Pig Roasts ??

As I said, I don't care about public support. People should dust down their backbone and use the bloody thing. Fight for yourself, not to appease people who have nothing to do with our company

One year pay deal please, based on Aug 08 RPI as per the usual way of operating, not some blended RPI based on assumptions made by people who took money from our pension fund when it suited them then refused to bolster funding when it was needed.