PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British national Party
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 11:25
barnstormer1968

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
British national Party

Please read this (before slurring my political ethics) as I believe this thread refers to a VERY important part of British military aviation history.

This morning I received a pamphlet from the British national party titled "The NEW Battle for Britain"

On the top right of this pamphlet is a picture of a Spitfire, which I am sure was put there to whip up feelings of national pride, and overcoming foreign foes.

But, instantly upon seeing this picture I was reminded of how I see the battle of Britain, and how I view those who took part in it.

Let me explain:
The picture is of a Spitfire IX (marked RF) and was the personal aircraft for the CO of 303 (Polish) Sqn RAF.

I not only feel gratitude to pilots such as my uncle William Britton, but to all pilots from ALL nations involved in this struggle. The leaflet has overtones of stopping immigration, but as far as I am concerned, I am bl**dy glad these Poles (and everyone else from the other nations involved) came to Britain in the fight against the Nazi's at that time.

Sorry for the rant, but the pamphlet got my gander up!