PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My assertions that DLP rear projection was best.
Old 16th May 2009, 10:51
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Well, after about 4 MONTHS! Sears have finally agreed to give me a new telly. It seems I don't get to chose, because I'd picked the Samsung 46 120hz new offering withing the $1800 guidelines. I was moaning about having to pay sales tax again when they dropped the bombshell. I have to have what they want to give me.

A 52" Bravia 1080p doesn't sound too bad, but I really - after 30years of buying and indeed selling Sony High-end kit - I'd heard myself saying. "No More Sony!!" Shame, but they let everyone down whit that LCD projection kit. $half billion losses this year, much of it attributable to these failing optical blocks.

I'd heard of pelple having a bad time with retailers, but it had never happened to me before. At one stage I threatened to sue Sears...in their case it was all to do with little to no communication. yesterday, I had good communication, "Hold on! Hold on! then 23mins of music, followed by "Hello? Helo?" yep, someone wanted to use the phone. "WHO PUT ME ON HOLD.....etc etc." Doesn't do any good. had me at hair pulling stage so many times that I will never buy from them again. Not for anything. Think about this American institution descending to these levels.

Samsung are becoming a market leader with their new clearview screen. Stunning. But I said that before.

Sears...well, they're finished if they carry on like this. Someone in B-Buy said he's hearing my story all day long from disenchanted Sears customers. Such a shame, but when you can stand in front of 50 huge t/vs and there's only one harassed bloke to serve...and he's on the phone for a full 10 mins...well, what do they expect.