PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC UK redundancies/strike action/FSP
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 10:23
coning angel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cannot underestimate the power of the internet. Communications travel like the speed of light. Watch CHC squirm. Where once there was greatness, all will become a barren landscape of downsizing and smaller operators doing the same work. This isn't going to apply to the North Sea (Aberdeen) only.
Watch the Southern bases go west too.
The Perenco 139 incident a couple of weeks ago off Great Yarmouth didn't exactly do anything to enhance relations between the two companies.

As to the question posed above?

Wait until the oil companies realise this is to become a reality. Remember the threat of strike action pre 2005 pay rises, and the pay dispute, where, at the 11th hour, the companies had to give in as directed by the oil companies.

I always think it's entertaining for management to attempt to enforce change, not always realising that the bigger picture is, without a doubt, going to have just as negative effect on themselves. No CHC pilots? No CHC management.
Contracts might well change hands, but would any new company coming in to take over present CHC contracts, be interested in taking on the managers who were responsible for the poor performance of the outgoing company? I think not.

What is that oft used North American phrase? Wake up and smell the coffee?

My money is on a summer of discontent, when they're likely to be at their busiest. You can't take a lifestyle roster working 182 days away from the workforce, then enforce upon them a 200 working days per annum, fully flexible roster with duty times unknown until the evening beforehand and only two weeks notice of your days off. Management think that this is the best workable solution. Light the touchpaper and stand well clear.

Pull up a deck chair. Get your donkey jackets out. Light the oil drums. Get those placards made.

Can the last person to leave CHC house, please turn out the lights? Thank You!