PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways PIlot Housing
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 07:39
NTM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flyingOW,

Not sure for the 330. but on the 777. it seems to vary, but i ll venture to say that the average is at around 60 hours. You can count on an average of 4-6 layovers. And about 1-3 standby days. all these figures are again averages.
You get called very rarely while on standby. again this is for the 777. But i know that on some other fleets, it is not the case.

As far as Mussafah, there was initially a bit of a ruckus. It was mainly due to the fact that Mussafah is the industrial part of Abu Dhabi. It is also where a lot of labor camps are stationed. The whole area is in the process of a major renovation. Slow albeit, but a change, indeed, is happening.
SMBZC is probably one of the first visible changes to the area. So that means, not much around it, has changed yet. That is where a lot people got stuck and refused to accept the place as suitable accomodation.
Those who took it, haven't looked back. it is a nice and decent place to be and live. A few pilots, living at other locations in or around the city have re located to Mussafah. Mainly to satisfy their kids's need. Most of the schools are located within a short drive from mussafah.
We even have company provided transportation to most schools. So far, i havent heard of anybody complaining about this.
Other facilities include tennis court, pool, numerous playgrounds for kids, basketball court, a nice gym (with fitness instructors provided free of charge by EY), free aerobic classes, free swimming lessons for kids, on site laundry drop off/pick up.(free for uniforms and at cost for personal items).
they just opened about 2 months ago, a small sized mall adjacent to SMBZC.(ie you can walk to it. 1 minute walk from the main gate).In there, they have so far a Lulu Express hypermarket, a coffee shop. Others shops are to open for business sometimes soon. they would include fast food places, furnitures stores etc...

i may sound like i am selling the place. i am not. i just live here happily. I am just sick of people, who dont even live here, trashing the place.
It does look different from its first days. But that is how things here look initially. Patience is a vertue in this part of the world. if you dont have it, forget it, you ll never be happy here.
As far as getting pictures, if you ever come for the interview, you are more than welcome for a tour of the place. but it wouldnt be necessary. As company provided accomodations, fill up and go, you probably wouldnt get anything here. you would just be getting whatever is the flavour of that month you are joining.

Hope it is useful

Later,

PS; flamers go ahead !! it is all yours.....