PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2009, 04:14
ithinkso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mynameisis

Not at all anti737, in fact I'm very pro 737.

The only extra equipment required for the bus is a new set of stairs, easy and can be built on site.

However, when you compare an A320 to a 737 classic, there is really no comparison. The 737 classics are very limited into HON. A 737 classic at max zero fuel weight, can only carry enough fuel to reach a viable alternate from top of descent. and when I say viable alternate I mean Noumea, This has been discussed many times on previous threads. As far as SON being suitable, that only works if you plan to arrive there in daylight hours.(no-one to turn on the lights at night for you). ON does not have any arrangement in place for a responsible person to be there at night, no one does.

If you cant get in to HON you are not going to get into Vila. That's a fact. And as far as using Nauru as an alternate, you will be there for a while , because there is no fuel available there since the underground fuel tanks filled with water and contaminated themselves.

The airbus is a far superior aircraft in that respect, a new gen 737 is a different story and is a far superior aircraft to the airbus.

Amelia Flashart, where are you coming from....WOW, I mean, if you cant get a seat on the most saturated route in the south pacific, there's something wrong.

Ramsi, as you know, engages airlines to conduct charters for them when they need it on an ad hoc basis. If they dont have the numbers, they but tickets like everyone else.

I'm actually not anti ON either, its just for such an insignificant operation, they seem to have quite a large and well visited thread on here. They are great for a stir. This is only because they are fearful for their positions, and regardless of what they say, (feenix), they really have no idea what is going on, on the route. ON wont be with us much longer.

Just you all wait and see....(flak jacket on and tight)...

Feenix, uncharacteristically silent. Or rather, silenced..

Last edited by ithinkso; 16th May 2009 at 04:37.