PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British police helicopter attacked on ground
Old 15th May 2009, 20:42
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats what we do up here, it works well because we get free security from the RAF. The downside is an extra 3 minutes transit to incidents. I can handle constructive criticism from people on this site. There ARE improvements we can make and savings as well. However, the throwaway line from valve man really annoyed me. In the perfect world, everything is perfect. For over 27 years, myself and thousands of my colleagues have tried to make the best of a bad lot. Just understand, we do EVERYTHING (except MP expenses, seriously) on a shoestring. The comment about if you can do it right don't do it at all is total bull. NOTHING would get done in ANY public service.
To pacify the moaners, the whole police air support setup is being reviewed. Joint basing, regional tasking, multi-aircraft purchase discounts and many many other issues are being looked at. The mid-management seem to be up to the job and I personally think that there are some great ideas doing the rounds. As always it will have to be done within budget, but its early early days.