PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No long term car park at Brize?
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 19:29
chumzpilla
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every flying station I have ever been on has had a long term car park, the place to leave your car if you were away for more than 24hrs, for such contingencies as the station calling an exercise, etc.
You are enquiring about a long term car park for all military personnel who depart through Brize Norton. You can't compare the Station Exercise scenario with a Sqn or Regiment deploying for 6 months. There is only a certain amount of real estate and yes it has been put to better use. As one poster has already said most units and individuals use MT to arrive for their flights as many are carrying personal weapons or are departing in large groups. If you don't like the decision then I suggest you write to the Station Commander and tell him why you think it is a bad idea.

Mr C H - I take it Brize is driving all it's aircrew home by MT when they get back at the end of a long crew duty day then???? Somehow I doubt it!
Stop being so precious and grow up. If that is all you have to moan about then your life must be so perfect. Try being a Soldier on the front line being killed because you have the wrong kit.
Pathetic.